Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Being Still

 

I've been off the mountain fourteen times in as many days. I am glad I went to do all these various things, but it has kept me from being the half-hermit that I came here to be. Today has been my first full day here since April 1. And it has been a gift. Started out 31 and sunny when I went for morning walk. Stayed sunny. Sitting in the sun reading was hot. Sitting in the shade praying was cool, mid-sixties. Lake was very still most of the day, reflecting opposite shores and the sky. A couple fishing boats. It was peaceful and quiet and invited me to be still again.
The butterflies are not here yet. This one was at a butterfly farm where I stopped two springs ago on a trip through the south. They are anything but still, hard to capture with a camera.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: