Thursday, August 21, 2008

Snake in Paradise

 

In my favorite wilderness this is a part of the stream where I often stop to cool off after about 40 minutes of hiking. I sat in the rapids just above here and let the water rush over me. I scooted down to the smooth swimming hole just below this rock. The swimming hole is only long enough to make four or five strokes. As I came back up stream and reached for the branch that is lying in the water, I saw the snake curled up along the branch about a yard from where I was about to grab. It must have been asleep because it didn't seem to notice me. I quickly threw myself back into the water and hurried farther downstream and exited the stream at some distance. I hope this snake hasn't claimed this swimming hole as its home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: