Friday, October 17, 2008

Memories of Sunshine

 

This picture and the one I used yesterday are from a few days ago when we had sunshine. Yesterday rain and today overcast have brought us cold weather, more like what's expected this time of year.
One of the things that I became aware of only when I started living here full time was that the evergreens shed dead needles this time of year. Yesterday morning's wind was causing them to fall almost like a light snow They pile up along the sides of the road and in some places cover the whole road. They are kind of a tan color and fun to walk through and fragrant. The trees still have green needles on them which I suppose are newly grown. I had always presumed that "evergreens" kept the same green needles forever. Again "To live is to change."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: