Friday, November 14, 2008

Open my eyes, Lord.

 

As I began my morning walk I was walking towards the sun. We had had rain but no wind. Droplets of water were clinging to tree limbs and were sparkling in the sunshine. The barren branches were transformed into glistening silver. I kept stopping and taking pictures.
On my way home with the sun behind me, the forest magic was gone. Disappointed, I turned around to look at the woods again and all was glistening silver once more. Only with the sun shining through them were the droplets visible. I began to walk backwards so I could be facing the sun and the magic it worked.
I thought of the Light of the World living in me and transforming me. I thought of that same Light transforming everyone in the world and of my inability to notice the Divine shining out of so many of them. It is prayer and contemplation that turns me around to face the Light and see God glistening in everyone and everything.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: