Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

 

Morning sunrise from my balcony in Costa Rica.
This morning when I went for my walk there were about 2 inches of snow and plenty still coming down and a mighty wind.
Two different experiences of morning but both of them inviting me to seize the day, to be with the God-of-the-present-moment.
I bought a box of TAZO's Awake tea the other morning. I have always found the writing on the boxes amusing since I first discovered the tea in Portland, Orgegon, a number of years ago. I notice this is a newly designed box and here's what they have to say: When there is a diem in front of you that absolutely must be carped, reach for a cup of TAZO AWAKE. This finely balanced blend contains bold, malty teas from India and bright, flavorful teas from Sri Lanka. One sip and you'll find it to be more flavorful than your typical breakfast tea. It may also help you find your car keys, but no promises.
And in another place is written: DID YOU KNOW? In ancient China, gongs functioned as alarm clocks. To hit the snooze button, you told the gonger to come back in five minutes with a freshly brewed cup of Tazo Awake.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: