Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Impression

 

This was our first real view of Costa Rica and I think the most beautiful. We had gone from the plane to a van and had started out on a two and a half hour drive to where we were to stay. About an hour out of San Jose we stopped for lunch at a little open-air restaurant that had this grand view.
When I look for a place for my winter vacation I look, not only for a beach and an ocean, but also for beautiful scenery, especially mountains. And Costa Rica has them with a vengeance. I grew up in the mountains and I live now in the mountains. I get an emotional high looking out from on high. I feel closer to the Almighty on a mountaintop.
On our way back to the plane we stopped again briefly at this same spot, so it is also my last impression.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: