Friday, February 27, 2009

Holier by Easter

 

I was away early this week and when I woke the morning of Mardi Gras the dawn was making this tree look like lace. Then the rising sun nestled in the tree. It made me think of springtime. The tree looks like it has buds on it. The word Lent is from an old English word meaning springtime.
So I got thinking about new life. By Easter, God wants me to be holier than I am today. When we say that God is holy we mean that God is totally other. When we say that we are holy we mean that we are made to belong to God. Making us belong to Godself is God's work. We simply need to get out of the way, recognize our total dependence on God and let God get on with the job.
(I lost my blog for a few days. This was to be my entry for Ash Wednesday.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: