Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spiders

 

This big guy showed up in our garbage in Costa Rica. Is that a death's head on him?
While I was walking this morning in the inch of snow that fell during the night, I saw a tiny spider, smaller than a dime, making his way across the snow-covered road. I never saw a spider outside in the winter. I don't even see many in my home where I make them welcome. Don't they hibernate?
It was crawling, of course, on top of the snow, not sinking in as my boots were. I briefly considered scooping it up and bringing it into my warm home. As it neared the edge of the road and headed off into a field I wondered what its destination was and would it make it. What would it eat in the snow?
Yesterday's picture, by the way was deer tracks. The deer were making the sign of the cross in the snow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: