Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inexpressible Joy

 

The joy that I have been experiencing lately was heightened by my traveling to the lowlands this week. Redbud doesn't grow in the mountains where I live. I think it is probably my favorite spring blossom. So my trip was a lavender journey into joy.
Springtime accounts for some of the intense joy that I have been experiencing lately, but I think my recent immersion in the New Testament has something to do with it as well. For two months I have been studying in a much deeper way than before the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles, and the letters of Paul. Not just studying them, but reflecting on them in a very prayerful way and sharing them with others. I have been greatly impressed with the struggle of these sacred writers to express the inexpressible God. It is impossible to be drawn into the Divine Mystery without experiencing Divine Joy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: