Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strength in Weakness

 

This morning's walk caught sight of this beauty. After my first click of the camera got a picture of gravel and weeds, the bird moved and posed as if to accomodate me on this third anniversary of my retirement.
It's time I figure to look back and take stock of these last three years. I started my reflecting with my patron St. Paul on Monday on the long passage in 2nd Corinthians where, to show his credentials as an apostle, he brags about all that he has done. He ends that passage by saying that to keep him humble he was given "a thorn in the flesh." No sure guess about what that might have been. He tells us that he asked God to take it away, but God said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for strength is made perfect in weakness." Paul finishes by saying, "When I am weak, then I am strong."
I got to talking to God about what my "thorn in the flesh" might be. Maybe not being perfect. For a perfectionist like me that was hard to accept. I do see now, with St. Paul, that acknowledging my weaknesses creates a kind of vacuum in me that God rushes in to fill. So when I am weak, then I am strong.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: