Sunday, October 11, 2009

Charming French

 

This is a demonstration to encourage One World. One of the bridges across the Seine in Paris was blocked off by a long line of massage therapists offering free 10 minutes massages. What a delightful way to push for peace in the world!
I found the French people charming. Everyone I dealt with during my two week stay was thoughtful and eager to help and very pleasant. Lots of smiles. Twice people came out of their place of business onto the sidewalk to help me with directions. I also appreciate the French support for beauty and art. Is there another city in the world with as many museums as Paris?
I enjoy hearing the language spoken, even though I can't catch much of the meaning. One silly thing on my part is that I couldn't get over hearing little children speaking French! I could seldom make myself understood in French. My accent must be awful thick. Almost always there was someone near who could help me by speaking some English. One World.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: