Sunday, February 7, 2010

By the Grace of God....

 

Plowing out begins. I didn't think this little machine could do it, but it did.
Isaiah, Paul, and Peter didn't think that they could do it but they did. The readings for church today, which many of us could not get out for, express their weakness and God's power.
Isaiah (6:1-8) is overwhelmed by the holiness of God and protests that he is unworthy to be God's prophet. With a glowing ember God purifies his lips. When God asks, "Whom shall I send?" Isaiah humbly replies "Here I am. Send me."
Paul (1 Corinthians 15:1-11) protests that he is the least of the apostles since he persecuted the church of God, but he concludes, "By the grace of God I am what I am and God's grace in me has not been in vain." From my young days this verse has been a favorite, convincing me that God can use me to do God's work no matter how weak and unworthy I may be on my own.
Peter (Luke 5:1-11) is so undone by the miraculous catch of fish that he throws himself down in front of Jesus and says, "Depart from me, Lord, for I am a sinful man." Jesus answers, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will be catching people." Luke concludes the passage, "They left everything and followed him."
God has particular things that God wants each of us to do. We discover this by looking honestly at what we like to do and what we can do. "By the grace of God I am what I am."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: