Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Floating out of August

 

I just came in from watching the sun set on a perfect summer day, the last of August. This summer has been full of perfect days, the best I remember here at the Lake.
Today has been one of those days when I feel like I'm floating, from the time I got up until now, and hopefully for a few more hours. It was 70 when I went for my walk and I felt like I was gliding through the air the way I later went gliding through the water as I took my morning swim. It got up to 85 this afternoon, mostly still, with an occasional breeze. From 5:30 until 7:30 PM I sat on the deck eating supper and then just gazing at the Lake. For long periods there was not a moving boat in sight nor any sound. Near sunset seven Canada Geese came gliding silently and smoothly across the still water. God seems to seek me out with a day like this.
I took the picture last week when I drove with two friends along a nearby ridge road that has glorious view after glorious view.

No comments: