Friday, August 30, 2013

Being-in-Love


While I was walking yesterday a very young deer ran down out of the woods to within a few yards of me and continued running down the road from where I had come.  It did not seem even to see me.  I thanked God for being able to live so close to nature.  (The picture above was taken several weeks ago as I got out of the car on the edge of the woods.  The deer posed for a while and then bolted for the forest.)
Yesterday and today have been absolutely beautiful days, sunny and warm.  Yesterday I went out in the boat for a while, moving as slowly as possible.  Then I sat on the deck for a long time and just looked at the lake and the sky.  I stayed outside until the sun went down, trying to squeeze a whole summer into one day.
I was aware of God's love being poured into me and loving me into loving.  I knew that it was pure gift.  This kind of being-in-Love puts everything in a new light. My response to such gracious love I think is faith.  I have always found it difficult to distinguish love and faith.  They both involve a total surrender to One who loves me beyond deserving.

No comments: