Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hermit in Winter


Yesterday and today it was too cold to walk at my usual morning hour.  1 below zero yesterday and 1 above today.  So I waited until afternoon when it warmed up to 20! 
I had a glorious walk yesterday in brilliant sunshine.  This is one of many pictures that I took.  I have liked this great tree for years and had never got a picture of it that I liked.  This one works, partly because of the redwood shed.  I have said before that I feel a little guilty enjoying the snow so much when it is a danger, or at least an inconvenience, to many people.
Today I felt the cold more on my cheeks and nose (that's all that's exposed.)  The temperature was the same 20 degrees as yesterday, but a raw wind was picking up out of the east.  I was still aware of all the beauty around me.  Walking makes me feel more alive.  It is a little like centering prayer on the move.

No comments: