Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dazzling Signal


I passed here on Sunday and these had hardly a bud.  Monday morning I got this picture.  Now they are covered with snow!  It has been snowing all afternoon.  Some of it is laying on bushes and grass.  But Easter is still coming.  They are the same daffodils whose picture I took on March 22, 2012, and used in this blog several posts ago.
The Resurrection of Christ is like the first eruption of a volcano which shows that God's fire already burns in the innermost depths of our world and that everything and everyone is being reshaped gradually, imperceptibly into his image, transformed slowly, but ever so surely by the same new life so evident in the Risen Christ. 
Even if sometimes, even if frequently, life on the surface still seems unchanged, dim and dreary and dark, the bursting forth of Jesus from death into new life is a powerful, dazzling signal  that in our innermost center good had triumphed over evil.
I came across the above today in my handwriting, but most of it is not mine.  I'm guessing it's a quote from Teilhard de Chardin, but I can't find it in his quotes on line.  Maybe I wrote it years ago in a trance!

No comments: