Monday, June 23, 2014

Reflecting the Sea


This picture is looking up from my patio toward traditional blue roofed church and white, white homes clinging to the hillside.  The picture on the last post was taken from the same place looking down and out to the sea.  The blue roofs intentionally reflect the blue of the sea.  Such a view is considered so typical of Greece that something like it is on the travel book that I used.
So I thought it would be a good picture to finish my reflections on my trip through Greece, at least for the time being.  I had wittled the number of places down to four: Athens, Delphi, Meteora, and Santorini.  Delphi turned out to be clearly my favorite.  It was situated in gorgeous mountains with spectacular views and had an aura of holiness about it.  Travel between these places was relaxing with beautiful scenery.
My love of ancient history was well satisfied with so many lovely ruins.  My search for holy places did not go unrewarded.  Beauty will save the world.

No comments: