Wednesday, May 27, 2015

53 Ups and Downs


Yesterday was my 53rd Anniversary of Ordination to the Priesthood.  I am astonished and deeply grateful to God for my being a priest all these years and for the many lives that I've touched.  In addition, here's some good and bad that stands out for me in the years that I have been a priest:
Pope John 23rd and Vatican Council II
Taking part in the March on Washington
Taking part in Protests against Vietnam War
Bought place at lake (see above)
Began living alone
Emotional Problems that led to successful psychological counseling
Bought row house
35 frustrating years as Council reforms were threatened
Retirement solitude and deeper prayer
Pope Francis and return to Vatican Council II values
Heart Attack and Open Heart Surgery
New lease on life


No comments: