Wednesday, April 12, 2017

10 Years Old


I told people that this blog was ten years old today, but when I went back to the beginning I saw that I had begun it on April 9.  I jumped through the entries for the ten years and made some observations.
As many readers tell me, the pictures are great.  They are so often grace that I talk about "receiving" them rather than "taking" them.  I couldn't pick out the most beautiful, but the one I remember best is July 31, 2007, and the most astonishing one was September 29, 2014.  "Beauty will save the world."
The first entry was about joy, the infallible sign of the presence of God.  On May 31, 2007, I was already repeating "Be Still" and ignoring that advice by writing longer and longer entries.  Contemplation as an important theme began to show up in July of that first year.
I wrote about dimensional ways of thinking about heaven on December 16, 2011 (though I found a reference to it in an old homily written in 1970.)  By December 31, 2013 I was writing that we must be a mystic or nothing, and on November 19 of that year I wrote about the Cosmic Christ.
As the entries began to get shorter I find on November 26, 2016, "Love Who love us thank You.," a prayer that I had begun to use several years earlier when I survived a heart attack.  On April 11 of this year I wrote about the other world's being woven into and through this world, a notion that has enriched my thinking since I read Anam Cara in 2004.
I thank God for my years in retirement here on the Lake and for the blessing that this blog has been for me.

No comments: